My Whole World

My Whole World

Monday, June 23, 2008

Our Dam Story

I was working at the Dam as a dam tour guide, it was the summer of 2005 and I had just graduated high school in that May. I was giving my 10:00 tour, I noticed Thomas right off and how cute he was, he was with his mom and dad and brother Scott. I gave my tour but flirted with Tom, I could tell they were LDS and he told me he is a return missionary, I joked around with him that we should get married. And he was really shy and didn’t say much. After the tour was complete, I went back to the desk and Steve followed me there and asked me for my information, I was shocked that the dad asked but felt good about it and gave it to him anyway, and in return Steve gave me Tom’s information, I called him later that night to see if he wanted to go to institute with me, but he already headed back home. Ever since then we talked and talked on the phone, he would drive 434.74 miles to see me which is between 6 and 7 hours. He would come up for the weekends and I would fly up to Salt Lake to see him, every time he would visit or I would come he always had a dozen roses in his hands every time I saw him, he spoiled me and always made me smile. After 8 months his family and mine took a off route tour of the dam and while we were on the top of the dam he got on one knee and asked for my hand. Apparently there was a huge sign hanging down from the visitor center above us but I never saw it until we started walking back and Tom pointed it out. But I said yes and absolutely love him and will love him forever, no matter what. We were sealed for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake temple June 22nd, 2006. He is a good honest and hard working man! I am not saying it’s been very easy but it truly is worth it! I am grateful and very humbled by are tough times, and I love him more then the day I married him he is a great father and a wonderful husband, and he does laundry and cleans the house, what more could I ask for. We have been married for 2 years have a very wonderful little boy. Life is good, I am very blessed!




What a beautiful day it was!!!


I felt like a pretty princess thanks to my mom!!!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

You were a pretty princess on your wedding day!! I loved your dress.. it was absolutely beautiful! Happy Anniversary! It was good to see you guys yesterday! Kaden is changing more and more and is so cute!

Josh and Nikki said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! Those are cute pictures. I can't wait for my day I love seeing wedding pictues.

Camille said...

Oh the dam story :) Happy anniversary! Yes we loved going up to the cabin with you guys and we would love to keep going up all the time so we are game for whenever! Just name the time!

Elizabeth said...

I love your blog! I hope you are having fun with your family!

Erin Anderson said...

We had fun staying with you and we are excited to see you this weekend! Thanks for everything! I tagged you so look on my blog to see the rules

Josh and Nikki said...

Hey I've been checking for some new posts!!!! Where are you :) jk