My Whole World

My Whole World

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I am a poet and didnt know it.!


I was sitting on the couch bored at 4:00am the other day because I could sleep and I was trying to find a fun way to tell Tom what was on my mind, so I wrote him a poem.....

Oh Thomas Kimber, how I love you so much,
but why cant you try and make ME lunch.

Sometimes I know you are so tired, overwhelmed and stressed,
but when you ignore me for T.V. it makes me depressed.

Dating you was fun and something I greatly miss,
Sometimes all these responsibilities makes me hiss.

I work hard to help get us way ahead,
A little appreciation is what needs to be said.

We have been married awhile this is true,
don’t make it boring, it makes me blue.

So I propose to you a plan, to help you become a better man,
Plan a few date nights for me and I will be your biggest fan.

Try to make me feel special for no reason for a day,
in the end you will reap the awesome benefits that pay :)

I hope you know I am not asking too much from you,
just know it wont go without great reward.. if you do!

Love Sherrie

Love you Thomas, you are a good man, and I am glad you laughed at me when you read this, but to my surprise I woke up with a big breakfast in bed that Tom made for me this morning. I love him to death no matter what, but sometimes I think my spouse needs a reminder! Love you babe!

5 comments:

Amber said...

Way to go Tom!

Sherrie, I think everyone needs reminding to keep working at their marriage. To keep it fun, exciting, romantic, etc... amidst all the stresses and responsibilities of adulthood and parenthood. Cute poem.

Camille said...

Ha ha I love this poem! I need to show it to Justin too! You rock!

TravNSteph said...

OH your hunnie is so stinking cute! I loved the poem, maybe you should write one for me that i can give my husband....

The Hoffmans said...

Oh yes! I couldnt agree more! I am glad your poem worked for you. I think mine needs a swift kick! lol jk!

Rachel said...

Yo check your inbox on facebook.